A healthy habit should include daily dental hygiene. It is critical to understand the components of your toothpaste. You may already be aware of the significance of fluoride in preventing cavities. You may be familiar that some toothpaste has compounds that may get used to freshen up the flavour, reduce sensitivity, or whiten teeth. But toothpaste is more complex than that.
Continue reading to learn something about Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, often known as SLS, a toothpaste component. If you are to get toothpaste without SLS Australia has got it covered.
Know About SLS
Sodium lauryl sulphate is a chemical substance created by sulfating lauryl alcohol and neutralising it with sodium carbonate. It is a member of a class of chemical substances known as surfactants, frequently employed as detergents, thickeners, wetting agents, and emulsifiers.
SLS is also widely used in home cleaning goods, besides a diverse range of personal care items, including shampoo, soap, moisturisers, shaving and bath products, mouthwash, and toothpaste. The toothpaste with SLS does you more damage than good. Leave out the harmful component. SLS-free one also proved to be the best whitening toothpaste Australia has available. So it’s just a matter of choice now.
Benefits of Using Toothpaste without SLS:
● Your fragile mouth lining will come into touch with SLS (a harsh detergent) twice every day, every day of the year. You may lessen your exposure to chemicals by switching to SLS-free toothpaste.
● Replace your usual toothpaste with an SLS-free option if you frequently get canker sores to lessen pain and hasten to heal.
● Changing to softer or more natural toothpaste if you have gum disease will help avoid aggravating gum tissue.
● Swapping SLS toothpaste with non-SLS toothpaste will ease sensitivity pain if you have sensitive teeth. Imagine how painful it would be to massage detergent into a paper cut on your finger. A similar result can get achieved by brushing SLS onto canker sores, infected gums, or sensitive teeth.
● Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) lessens fluoride’s ability to prevent cavities in tooth enamel. Use toothpaste without SLS to maximise the benefits of its active fluoride element.
Choosing the Best SLS-Free Toothpaste
The majority of toothpaste in the market today are sophisticated synthetic formulas meticulously mixed to provide a palatable flavour and texture distributed across the oral cavity to allow the mouth to feel as clean as possible. People nowadays look for more organic stuff. The best whitening toothpaste Australia got is SLS-free. Organic can now compete with traditional synthetic varieties in terms of performance and experience, owing to concerns about the health effects of SLS.
These are a few of the essential qualities to look for in SLS-free toothpaste if you wish to swap out your current brand:
● The toothpaste must have enough foaming properties to provide cleaning performance on par with or superior to SLS.
● Both children and adults should like the flavour of the toothpaste.
● A toothpaste must not have artificial flavours to cover up for a harmful surfactant.
● The product’s shelf life must be long enough to prevent deterioration before usage.
SLS toothpaste and toothpaste without SLS Australia have them for your specific needs. Both can remove food particles and germs from teeth while maintaining oral hygiene. SLS is not a compulsory component and may make certain people sensitive to sulfites. People with more delicate mouths may benefit from using SLS-free toothpaste. But only using natural ingredients will result in happier mouths and bigger, more vibrant smiles.