An adult circumcision surgery patient can face post-procedure complications, including bleeding, pain, infection, redness around the surgery area, yellow discharge from the wound, and fever. But the most concerning complication for men is scaring of the penis, which sometimes might become difficult to heal.
What Points Include Adult Circumcision Surgery Procedure Scars?
This article will focus on different aspects of circumcision scars and how they can be healed.
Understanding Adult Circumcision Surgery Procedure
Circumcision is the careful removal of the foreskin that covers the penis glans. It has been estimated that seventy to eighty percent of men undergo this surgery throughout the Unified States. The surgeon uses different kinds of sedatives on the patient, and then various surgical tools are used to remove the skin from the penis tip.
Circumcision Surgery Protects Men from Medical Conditions
Many don’t favor this surgical procedure because they think it has no benefits. But medical research has indicated that circumcision has the following therapeutic benefits.
1. Urinary tract infections.
2. Penile inflammation, including balanitis, balanoposthitis, and lichen sclerosis.
3. Yeast infections or Candidiasis.
4. The tightening of the foreskin is called Phimosis and paraphimosis.
5. Improved cleanliness and hygiene.
6. Sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
7. The previous circumcision surgery had complications.
8. Preventing penis, prostate, and cervix cancers.
What do Circumcision Healing Stages Pictures Reveal?
When you visit the best adult circumcision clinic, the surgeons will show the patients healing photos so they know they are making the right decision. The surgeons will explain that taking the prescribed medications.
What Includes in Regular Healing?
After circumcision surgery, the patients might experience common complications that happen to all men. These include the following;
1. Bleeding from the circumcision wound.
2. Discharge of yellow excretion.
3. Red, dark, or blue swelling.
4. Painful peeing process.
5. Erections become painful.
Routine Exercises with Proper Timeline
Another important point related to scars and healing is patients’ activities during the healing period. It is important to understand that some exercises should be avoided and done during healing.
1. Strolling or walking should be done daily, but this activity should be comfortable.
2. Patients should restrict themselves from taking a shower until forty-eight hours. When the surgeon recommends bathing, you should be gentle with the penis.
3. Rigorous, like running, bike riding, and weightlifting, should be avoided for a month.
4. All sexual activities, including oral sex or masturbation, should be bypassed for around a month.
Things to do for Scar Caring
Men should understand that scarring will occur less frequently during infant circumcision. If men choose surgery during adulthood from clinics like Circumcision Center, they must follow the instructions given by the surgeon. The scarring treatment will start when the healing process has been completed, and the swelling has reduced. This will take almost two weeks.
1. Silicone scar sheets have been used for several years to reduce the scars. These sheets can be bought from any pharmacy and wrapped around the penis, reducing skin discoloration.
2. The other thing that will be effective in reducing scars is Bio oils. These are the over-the-counter skin scar treatments that can be bought from any drugstore. The ingredients for Bio oils are Vitamins A, E, and Calendula oil.
3. Sometimes, the scar sheet and Bio-oil can be used together more effectively. Patients should understand that applying the oil and then the sheet will have no effect because the sheet will not stick. The sheet can be used during the day, and the rub the oil can be used at night.
Will Additional Circumcision Surgery for Adults be Required?
When the above treatments have little effect on the scars, the surgeons suggest that patients undergo surgery. Although the surgery will give patients another scar, it might be less visible.
Know When to Contact the Surgeon
Patients should know that it takes time for the scars to heal properly. It would help if you gave appropriate time for healing. Patients must keep a constant check on their penis condition. Also, they should know what the signs are when visiting the surgeon.
1. The fever reaches above 100.4° F.
2. Green discharge from the wound.
3. Redness, bruising, and swelling of the penis.
4. Uncontrollable bleeding.
5. Constant pain in urinating.
These are the important points that patients should consider for adult circumcision surgery scars and healing.
Below are three questions that will explain circumcision and scars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do circumcision scars go away?
Patients undergoing adult circumcision surgery should know that the scars might take a couple of years to disappear. Patients can use different things like scar sheets and Bio-oil to remove the scars.
Are circumcision scars sensitive?
The circumcision scars are sensitive at the point where the foreskin is cut. The sensitivity can increase if someone touches the penis during the healing period.
How long does it take for circumcision scars to heal?
The proper healing time for the circumcision scar is between seven to ten days. Nut patients should remember that this is not the time for the scar to go away.
Also read know about geekshub
Leave a Reply